To promote the efforts made by different European ports to enhance the city port relations through innovative projects, ESPO decided in 2009 to give out an annual ESPO award on Societal Integration of Ports. After the two first editions, it was decided to focus each year on one different aspect of societal integration.
The themes addressed so far are: Creative Strategies to Communicate the Port to the Wider Public (2011), Youth (2012), Heritage (2013), Innovative Environmental Projects (2014) and Relationship with Schools and Universities (2015). Every year, the winner is selected by an independent jury of international experts. The award is given during a ceremony that takes place in Brussels and gathers more than 200 guests.
More than 140 port projects have been submitted to compete for the ESPO Award on societal integration of ports since its establishment in 2009.
To consult the pictures and the submitted projects of the previous editions, click here.
WINNERS OF THE ESPO AWARD
Press release Winner 2016
Previous editions: Pictures & Booklets with submitted projects
- 2009 Port of Gijón (Spain) | Gijón Port & City Together
Special mentions: Genoa Port Authority (Italy) Genoa Port Center –Breaking Down the “Social Distancing” of the Port. Ghent Port Company (Belgium) Project Ghent Canal Zone -Working Together on the Sustainable Development of the Ghent-Terneuzen Canal Zone
- 2010 Port of Helsinki (Finland) | Port as Part of the City
- 2011 Ports of Stockholm (Sweden) | Hamnvision 2015 (Portvision 2015)
- 2012 Port of Genoa (Italy) | Citizens of the Port – Knowing and Living the Port of Genoa
- 2013 Port of Antwerp (Belgium) | Heritage: The Breadcrumb Trail between City and Port
- 2014 Port of Koper | No waste, just ressources
- 2015 Port of Dublin (Ireland) | Port Communities Educational Support Programme
Special mention for Port of Guadeloupe Discovering my port
- 2016 bremenports (Germany) | LUNEPLATE