ESPO is looking for a Senior Policy Advisor in the field of Energy, Digital, Safety, Trade Facilitation and Geopolitics
The European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO) represents the port authorities, port associations and port administrations of the seaports of the 22 Member States of the European Union and Norway at EU political level. ESPO has also observer members in Albania, Iceland, Israel, Ukraine and UK.
ESPO is the principal interface between the European sea port managing bodies and the European institutions. In addition, ESPO is a knowledge network which brings together port professionals with a view of exchanging good practices and developing pro-active bottom-up initiatives in different fields.
We are looking for a:
The position entails the analysis and assessment of the importance of EU policy initiatives in the fields of Energy, in particular the REpowerEU, Digitalisation, Maritime Safety, Trade Facilitation and Geopolitics for Europe’s seaports. Responsibilities include intelligence gathering, preparation of ESPO policy positions and lobby actions, coordination of the relevant technical committees and working groups, as well as liaison activities with relevant research networks.
The ideal candidate should:
- Combine a good background or at least profound interest in the new energy landscape (economic aspects), digitalisation, the trade and geopolitical environment with an understanding of and/or outspoken interest in EU ports, shipping and/or transport sector; some technical expertise in one or more of these areas will be considered as a plus;
- Be eager to become a port passionate.
- Be familiar with the functioning of the European institutions and have a good insight in EU policy making processes;
- Be a positive person, strong networker and communicator with the ability to translate complex technical and legal issues in easy-to-understand language;
- Be able to work independently, well-organised and cope with multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Be flexible and happy to work in a small team;
- Be ready to travel on a regular basis;
- Have an outstanding command of the English language, both written and spoken; being fluent in different other EU languages is considered an asset.
We are offering you a challenging and varied job in a stimulating, informal, flexible and European working environment together with a competitive salary and a set of additional benefits. It is a full-time post, with a contract of indeterminate duration, to start preferably on 1 September 2022.
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter, together with a detailed CV by Thursday 1 August 2022 to the attention of Isabelle Ryckbost, Secretary General, ESPO, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in copy to email@example.com; All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
More information about ESPO can be found on: www.espo.be