ESPO is looking for a Senior Policy Advisor in the field of Intermodal Transport and Logistics, Port Governance, Port Performance and Social issues
The European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO) represents the port authorities, port associations and port administrations of the seaports of the 23 Member States of the European Union and Norway at EU political level. ESPO has also observer members in Iceland and Israel.
ESPO is the principal interface between the European sea port authorities and the European institutions.
We are looking for a:
SENIOR POLICY ADVISOR
in the field of Intermodal Transport and Logistics, Port Governance, Port Performance and Social issues (m/f)
The person will monitor EU policy and legislative developments in the fields of intermodal transport and logistics, port governance, port performance and social issues.
Responsibilities include gathering intelligence and preparation of ESPO position papers and lobby actions, coordination of the relevant technical committees and working groups.
The ideal candidate should:
- have a good background knowledge and understanding of EU port, shipping and/or transport policy; specific expertise on TEN-T policy, Port Regulation or state aid issues will be considered as a plus;
- have in-depth understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and have a good insight in EU policy making;
- be a positive person, strong networker, motivator and communicator with the ability to translate complex technical and legal issues in easy-to-understand language, both in writing and speaking;
- be able to work independently, be well-organised and cope with multiple tasks and deadlines;
- be flexible and happy to work in a small team;
- be ready to travel on a regular basis;
- advanced IT skills is an asset;
- have an outstanding command of the English language, both written and spoken; being fluent in different other EU languages is considered an asset.
We are offering you a challenging and varied job in a stimulating, informal, flexible and European working environment together with a competitive salary and a set of additional benefits. It is a full time post, with a contract of indeterminate duration, to start preferably before summer 2017.
How to apply? Send your letter of motivation, together with a detailed CV by Tuesday 18 April 2017 to the attention of Isabelle Ryckbost, Secretary General, ESPO, by mail to: Helene.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
More information about ESPO can be found on: www.espo.be